What is a 16G Level 1 workshop?
16G Level 1 is suitable for anyone aged 16 and upwards who is open, interested and motivated to reflect on and improve their own lives and the lives of the people around them.
Since the workshops first began in 2008, over 2500 people worldwide have taken part in a 16G Level 1 workshop. It is a lively, engaging, enjoyable and sometimes challenging experience that may touch you profoundly without seeming heavy or intense. It is also the necessary first step to attending further 16G workshops.
What does a Level 1 provide?
Led by an experienced, trained and accredited 16G facilitator, a Level 1 workshop will provide:
- An introduction to the philosophical foundations of the 16G
- An introduction to the theory and practice of mindfulness, which is considered fundamental to success in implementing the 16G in your life
- An introduction to the reflections, experiential tools and creative activities that provide a foundation for personal exploration and understanding of the 16G and the Four Wisdom Themes
- Small group and full group discussions to share ideas and understanding
Level 1 is a great way to get right to the heart of the 16G programme. You may have read the book, “16 Guidelines: The Basics" or enjoyed using the 16G app and now feel ready to engage more deeply. Or maybe you’d like to jump right in and start with a workshop. Whatever the case, in joining a Level 1 workshop you are likely to discover that individual experience within a like-minded community is an indispensable key to appreciating the powerful transformative quality of the 16 Guidelines.
This is for you if you want to:
- Learn more about the 16G and Four Wisdom Themes, and what they can offer you
- Acquire a set of useful tools and simple strategies which you’ll be able to apply directly to the challenges of everyday life
- Give yourself the gift of sharing meaningful quality time in a group
- Explore the potential of the 16G to develop happier and more harmonious relationships with others
Level 1 logistics
A Level 1 workshop consists of 12 contact hours divided into 4 distinct three-hour sessions, and is often presented over 2-day weekend. There are usually 10-30 participants who each receive a printed handout, a pack of 16G cards, and a certificate of completion. Breaks and meal times allow time for informal conversation.
When do Level 1 workshops take place, and how do I register?
Level 1 workshops are held in many countries throughout the world. To register for a course near you, check out the online calendar and follow the link provided. You can also join our mailing list to get the latest news and dates. Here you can read some frequently asked questions about workshops.
If there is no Level 1 taking place in your area, can you consider hosting one yourself - perhaps in partnership with a local organisation, or your professional association? To learn more about how to organise a 16G workshop you can read about hosting a workshop and check out our facilitator directory to identify a suitable facilitator.
Please note that the cost, schedule and other aspects of a Level 1 workshop may vary around the world, depending on the facilitator, location, and organiser.